May 27, 2020
All branches and counters are open for business. Account managers are available for meetings.
To our valued customers,
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our employees, customers and vendor partners is our first priority, and we are committed to following the regulations administered by the government.
To date, all of our counters are open to serve customers in a safe and regulated manner. We’re also excited to advise that our account managers are available for “in-person” meetings if preferred.
When visiting Graybar Canada, we ask that you adhere to the following safety measures to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Customers and visitors can access the counter area only. Office and warehouse areas are restricted to Graybar Canada employees only.
- If you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, we ask that you do no visit/enter Graybar Canada property.
- Please follow the designated floor markers to ensure physical distancing.
- Please follow the traffic arrows when entering and exiting the counter area.
- Please maintain a distance of 6′ or 2 metres from other customers and Graybar Canada employees.
- A limited number of customers/visitors are permitted in the counter area at a time.
- Curbside pick-up service is still available for customers who prefer not to come into our buildings.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for three days.
- Materials can be shipped via company van or transport/couriers. Special pickup arrangements can be made with your local branch if required.
- Signage is posted at each branch outlining the safety measures we’ve put in place.
We are taking every precaution to keep both our sales force, and you the customer, safe while we conduct our daily business. Here are some of the key precautions we are taking to ensure we continue to abide by the recommendations set out by Health Canada:
- Account managers are being asked to respect all necessary safety requirements as deemed applicable by our customers.
- We are encouraging account managers to continue to use technology such as phone, email, text, Microsoft Teams as a method of communication.
- If office or site visits are required, account managers will maintain at least 2 metres between customers.
- The use of face masks will be required if physical distancing cannot be maintained or if it is preferred by the customer and/or account manager.
- Account managers will be required to stay home if they feel sick or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Frequent hand washing and disinfecting will be practiced.
We appreciate your continued business and will do whatever we can to support the needs of our customers and to provide uninterrupted service.
Graybar Canada is committed to following the recommended guidelines set out by the Government of Canada with regards to managing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will take all necessary precautionary measures within our means to protect our employees and our valued customers.
Executive Vice President & General Manager
Please contact your local branch for questions about order contact information.
Supplier Partner Updates:
Below is a list of COVID-19 updates from our supplier and industry partners.
Eaton Wiring Devices
ECAO (Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario)
Electro Federation Canada
Fasteners and Fittings
GS Lighting Group
Medgar Lighting & Controls
Northern Cables Inc.
Ontario Electrical League
Tempo (formerly Greenlee Communications)
The Gund Company
Customer Payment Options:
During this time, while we navigate the COVID-19 and practice social distancing, we are still servicing our customers’ needs and able to accept and process payments.
Options available that will work with the distancing and still enable your firm’s account to be paid:
- Accounts can be paid via on-line banking (same as paying utility bill), attached are details as applicable.
- Payment via EFT, please contact the Finance dept and we will send the required banking details to have set up
- Will accept payments via credit card.
- If already set up with info stored thru Chase Paymentech, then you can email your Account #, amount to be paid/payment details and indicate card on file.
- If not signed up, to maintain our PCI compliance standards, you will need to call in your credit card payment to your Financial Mgr.
- Should you wish to be set up for secure storage of your credit card info for future, please contact the Finance Dept.
- If mailed, it may take a few extra days to reach us. Or if being dropped off at the branch, you will need to call the branch once you arrive for them to meet you at the door.
We can set up your account to receive invoices via email. All that is required, is the applicable e-address.
If you have further questions on any of the above options, please feel free to contact your local branch or financial manager.