Graybar Canada is committed to evolving our business operations to help reduce our footprint on the environment. With the future in mind, Graybar Canada supports the principles of sustainable development. Graybar Canada realizes the positive changes made now will provide a healthier and more sustainable future for employees, their families, communities, and generations to follow.
Graybar Canada has created a Green Team whose responsibility is to develop, monitor, and improve sustainability measures across our Company. Each of our operating units has established goals and objectives with the purpose of reducing, reusing, and recycling waste.
A top priority for Graybar Canada is to become a leader in the industry with respect to environmental program development, objectives, and implementation. Graybar Canada currently operates to meet and exceed all environmental laws and regulations set by municipal, provincial, and federal governing bodies. This also includes adhering to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards for certified LEED projects.
Graybar Canada works in partnership with organizations to promote and provide a distribution channel for lighting incentive programs. See below for details on each program:
Efficiency Nova Scotia
Natural Resources Canada
ecoENERGY Retrofit Grants and Incentives
Newfoundland Power and Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro
takeCHARGE Newfoundland and Labrador
Ontario Power Authority
Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program (ERIP)
Take Back the Light
Graybar Canada is able to provide retrofit and new construction cost analysis and payback models for your establishment. Below are some examples of lighting solutions that provided savings and better lighting for the clients.
- Putting school funds back into the school - not the utility bill:
- Conestoga College pays for their lighting retrofit in just 18 months: Read more...
- Hiram Walker saves $4000 per month with a Graybar Canada lighting solution: Read more...
- Graybar Canada uses recycled paper in our operations and we are committed to using environmentally friendly cleaning products throughout our operations.
- Graybar Canada promotes the use of technology, products and services that contribute to preserving the environment.
- The goal of our Company is to continue to reduce energy consumption in all operations by retrofitting our lighting, heating, and ventilation systems.
- We recycle retired electronic and computer equipment.
- Graybar Canada reuses all of our packaging material and boxes.
- Graybar Canada plastic bags are both recyclable and 100% degradable in managed landfill within 12 to 24 months.